The GSM gateway is a finished product, used for connecting a regular phone or a telephone exchange port to the cellular GSM network. Therefore you can make substantial savings when calling mobile phones, due to the fact that mobile to mobile calls are charged at a much lower rate when compared to landline (PSTN) to mobile (GSM) calls.
With a suitable calling plan, as usually available from the GSM service providers, it is possible to have calls between two or more offices at almost zero costs.
- GSM terminal with a phone (FXS) port;
- GSM terminal with a phone (FXS) and a RS-232 serial port for data;
- GSM terminal with a phone (FXS) and an USB data port;
- GSM terminal with a phone (FXS) port, input port for a phone line (PSTN), and a RS-232 serial port for data
- GSM terminal with a FXS port, input port for a phone line (PSTN) and and a USB data port.
- GSM terminal with a phone (FXS), FAX/G3 data transmission port, input port for a phone line (PSTN),
- Powered by an AC/DC adapter for 220V; standard SMA antenna port; LED indication showing charge status, signal strength and status of the phoen and/or data port
Characteristics of the Phone (FXS) port
- constant line power supply: 48Vdc;
- impedance: 220 Ohm+820 Ohm//115nF;
- ток в шлейфен режим: 36мА;
- calling signal: 60V, 25Hz, 1sec-повикване (On) / 4s пауза (Off);
- clip on the subscribed line: FSK (ITU-T V.23);
- incoming number dialing: pulse and/or tone (DTMF)
- adjustable times for beginning and end of the callрегулируеми времена за начало и край на избирането;
- adjustable levels of the audoitract in outgoing/incoming signal
- beginnig of call: pole reversing or pulse обръщане на 16kHz, (12 kHz optional)
Characteristics of the GSM port
- tri band (900/1800/1900 MHz) GSM/GPRS module;
- support for 1.8/3V SIM cards;
- support for HR, FR, EFR audio codecs and echo suppression;
- external antenna
- Power supply: External adapter AC-DC 220V/9V, 1.3A (peak power)
The GSM terminal will be delivered ready to use without any setup required form your side. (the available settings and factory settings are described in detail in the product manual). If you need to change and of the presets you can do so in two ways:
- With a tone dialing telephone connected to the phone port. In this manner you can modify any of the presets and/or load the factory settings
- Changing of the settings remotely via a short message (SMS). That way you can change only the settings that do not concern the basic functionality of the SmartGate. Every remote modification via the GSM port can be forwarded to a predefined GSM number via the cellular network. All messages addressed to the GSM port can be forwarded to a number on the GSM network.
Via an SMS you can call up the HELP menu, which is used for setup both via a telephone and remotely.
Via an SMS you cna request a copy of the current settings
Via an SMS you can ask information about the status of the GSM port (signal strength, mobile network)